您現在的位置是：首頁 > 外文圖書 > 社會科學(Social Sciences) > 政治(Politics)政治(Politics)
Between Justice and Stability: The Politics of War Crimes Prosecutions in Post-Milo?evic Serbia
ookName:Between Justice and Stability: The Politics of War Crimes Prosecutions in Post-Milo?evic Serbia
Between Justice and Stability: The Politics of War Crimes Prosecutions in Post-Milo?evic Serbia介紹
BookName:Between Justice and Stability: The Politics of War Crimes Prosecutions in Post-Milo?evic Serbia
Exploring the impact of the International Criminal Tribunal (ICTY) on regime change in Serbia, this book examines the relationship between international criminal justice and democratisation. It analyses in detail the repercussions of the ICTY on domestic political dynamics and provides an explanatory account of Serbia's transition to democracy.Lack of cooperation and compliance with the ICTY was one of the biggest obstacles to Serbia's integration into Euro-Atlantic political structures following the overthrow of Milo'evi?. By scrutinising the attitudes of the Serbian authorities towards the ICTY and the prosecution of war crimes, Ostoji? explores the complex processes set in motion by the international community's policies of conditionality and by the prosecution of the former Serbian leadership in The Hague. Drawing on a rich collection of empirical data, he demonstrates that the success of international judicial intervention is premised upon democratic consolidation and that transitional justice policies are only ever likely to take root when they do not undermine the stability and legitimacy of political institutions on the ground.
- An inquiry into the principles of the di
- Half-Lion: How P.V. Narasimha Rao Transf
- Between Justice and Stability: The Polit
- The anatomy of Russian information warfa
- Disaggregazioni. Forme e spazi di govern
- Política de Dios, gobierno de Cristo, t
- GENERAL ELECTIONS 2014 Reference Handboo
- Democrazia vendesi. Dalla crisi economic
- Harrington: 'The Commonwealth of Oceana'
- A Federal Republic: Australia's Constitu